- the collection of your personal information, as described in this policy;
- the processing of your personal information, as described in this policy;
- the sharing of personal information with third parties;
- the storage and processing of your personal information in the United States and other countries;
- the collection and use of location information; and
- the sharing of personal information with third parties for fraud detection and prevention services.
Personal information we collect about you
We collect information when you register, sign-up, subscribe, or use our service. This information may include:
Information you provide:
- Login information: such as your email and password
- Information about you and your adult child: such as names, birthday, gender, geographical location (including GPS), school, level of education, employer, job title, salary range, hobbies, ethnicity, religious beliefs, languages spoken, height, political views, views about children, whether their parents live with them or not, health habits, photographs of your adult child, and other information you provide in an open text box.
- Information about you and your adult child’s preferences: such as preferences for gender, age range, locations, level of education, income level, languages spoken, ethnicities, religious beliefs, hobbies, political values, desire for children, parents living with them or not, and health habits.
- Information from content you upload: When you upload photos, videos or other content to our Service, we may collect information about the content, such as the time, date and place the photo or content was taken or uploaded (also known as metadata), and how you use them, who views them or with whom you share them.
- Information provided while using our service: We may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, your financial information.
- Your communications with Us and other users: If you chat with other Arrangd users, you provide us with access to the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you also provide us with the content of that communication.
- Information about how you use our Service: We may collect information about your participation and actions on our Service. This may include the various functions and features that you use, the matches you make, and other uses of our Service.
- Address book: When we invite your friends to join our Service, we may include your name, photo or other information to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf. We will store those contacts for purposes of alerting you when your contacts join our Service or other products or services offered by Arrangd at a later time, so that you may connect with them on Arrangd, and to suggest friends and connections to other members of our Service or other products or services offered by Arrangd.
When we invite your friends to join our Service, we may include your name, photo or other information to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf. We will store those contacts for purposes of alerting you when your contacts join our Service or other products or services offered by Arrangd at a later time, so that you may connect with them on Arrangd, and to suggest friends and connections to other members of our Service or other products or services offered by Arrangd.
- Information included in third-party social networking sites: If you enable the use of our Service through a third-party social networking site or application (“Social Networking Site”) such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, WhatsApp, or Instagram, you authorize us to access certain account information that is made available to Us through that social networking site. The information obtained by us varies by Social Networking Site and may be affected by the permission and privacy settings you establish at that Social Networking Site, but can include information such as your name, email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who may be common friends with other Arrangd users. By using or linking to our Service through or with a Social Networking Site, you are authorizing Arrangd to collect, store, retain and use, in accordance with this policy, your information that Arrangd has obtained from the Social Networking Site, including creating an Arrangd profile and account for you. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on Social Networking Sites before getting or using applications such as ours or linking or connecting your Social Networking Site account to our Service.
- Information provided by others: We may also collect information provided by other users. For example, we may store the number of likes / swipes to the right / check marks you receive from other users or your email address if another user shares Arrangd with you via a social media link.
- Use of technologies to collect information: We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
- Information collected automatically: We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
- Cookies and use of cookie and similar technologies: When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies or other technologies that facilitate personalization to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you Arrangd advertisements on other sites or applications.
- Pixel tags: We may embed pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear GIFs) on web pages, ads, and emails. These tiny, invisible graphics are used to access cookies and track user activities (such as how many times a page is viewed). We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our features and services. Ad companies also use pixel tags to measure the number of ads displayed and their performance (such as how many people clicked on an ad).
- Mobile device IDs: If you're using our app, we use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), or Advertising IDs (for iOS 6 and later), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our app. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but Advertising IDs can be reset in “Settings” on your iPhone. Ad companies also use device IDs or Advertising IDs to track your use of the app, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance and display ads that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage.
How we use the information we collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver our Service including functions and features that are part of our Service;
- Analyze and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Communicate with you to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service, to keep you updated on our latest service announcements or updates, software updates, security alerts, and any technical notices, to provide you with confirmation of purchases, invoices, support, and administrative messages or notice about changes to our terms, conditions, or policies. We will use your contact information with when communicate with you, and when relevant, may use other categories of information. We may communicate by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
- Develop, display and communicate with you about, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites and select partners, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- Verify eligibility, communicate with you about, and deliver prizes, promotions and rewards;
- Perform website or mobile application analytics; and
- Perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our Service from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
Sharing your personal information with third parties
- Information Shared with Other Users: When you register with our Service, your Arrangd profile will be viewable by other users of our Service. Other users (and in the case of any sharing features available on Arrangd, the individuals, apps, and social networking sites with whom a Arrangd user may choose to share you with) will be able to view information about you and your adult child that you have provided to us directly or through social networking site, such as his or her name, birthday, gender, geographical location (including GPS), school, level of education, employer, job title, salary range, hobbies, ethnicity, religious beliefs, languages spoken, height, political views, views about children, whether you live with your adult child or not, health habits, photographs, and other information you provide in an open text box. If you swipe right or use voting buttons to say “yes” to a person, you will be able to chat with that person if they swipe right or use voting buttons to say “yes” to you, e.g., when you have a “match.” If you chat with your match, your match will see the content of your chat. We do not control who reads the information you share or what others may do with this information, so we encourage you to use discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Also, when sharing information about others, such as your adult child or a match, please consider their safety and privacy and get their consent for that sharing.
- Information shared with third parties: We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties such as vendors, consultants, advertising partners, and other service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
We may share information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Aggregated and/or non-personal information: We may also share information with others that is not personal information, or that is in an aggregated or anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual or is provided in hashed, non-human readable form. We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share information with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Service and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis, advertising, marketing, or other business purposes.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as an user; be matched more accurately, purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by going into “App Settings” on the app or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click “help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.
Access to your information and account management
Please note that if you change information in your account or otherwise opt out of receiving certain communications, this will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
Transfer and protection of information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. No system can be completely secure, however. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. We urge you to take care with how you handle and disclose personal information (including passwords) and you should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Links to third-party websites
Our Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, retailers or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please always check the privacy policies that apply to a third party site before you provide any information to the website
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 18. If you become aware that personal information under the age of 18 has been provided to us, please immediately contact us using the details below
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. If we make changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Revision" date below and will post the updated Policy on this page. We may also provide other methods of notice or request your consent depending on the circumstances. Your continued use of our Service following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you consent to and accept those changes. If you do not consent to such changes you can delete your account by following the instructions under Settings.
No Rights of third parties
How to contact us
12657 Stanwood Drive
Los Angeles, CA, 90066